Duration: 4 weeks (approx. 25 hrs./week)
The Harvest Kitchen Training Program is designed to teach commercial industry kitchen skills needed for entry-level employment in the food service industry. Participants will build practical food preparation and cooking skills and safe food handling practices. All graduates receive a letter of reference from the class instructor in addition to a certificate of completion.
- MS Office Suite Programs (optional)
- Salad Preparation
- Knife Skills
- Baking & Dairy
- Cooking Vegetables
- Rice, Potatoes & Pasta
- Meat Handling & Preparation
- Kitchen Cleaning & Maintenance
- Banquets & Food Presentation
- Employment Workshops
Provincial Certified Courses:
- Food Handler Training
- WHMIS 2015
Note: Programs and contents are subject to change.
Our priority is to enhance the participants’ opportunities to access the job market. Our programs and courses are aimed at individuals who are:
- Unemployed or part-time employed (less than 20 hrs./week); EIA, EIA Disability, EI, or without any type of financial assistance);
- Eligible to work in Manitoba;
- At least 16 years of age;
- Able to attend, participate and interact independently for the entire length of the program;
- Actively looking for employment;
- Committed to the program/course (length, expectations, and conditions);
- English language proficient. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate an understanding of English sufficient to follow oral and written instructions, meet the demands of classroom instruction and written assignments, and perform the duties of the job for which they’re seeking training.
Note: If you are employed or retired at this moment, we will contact you in case of availability in the program(s)/course(s) you would like to take.