Duration: 4 weeks (approx. 25 hrs./week)
In this program, you will learn standard industry skills to help you find work in a warehouse or distribution centre. Learn about shipping and receiving, how to safely operate warehouse equipment, ensure product quality control, maintain inventory, compiling orders and serving the public.
- MS Office Suite Programs (optional)
- Order Fulfillment
- Shipping and Recieving
- Safe Operation of Lift Trucks Theory
- Employment Workshops
Provincial Certified Courses:
- Food Handler Training
- WHMIS 2015
- Customer Service Professional Training
Note: Programs and contents are subject to change.
Our priority is to enhance the participants’ opportunities to access the job market. Our programs and courses are aimed at individuals who are:
- Unemployed or part-time employed (less than 20 hrs./week); EIA, EIA Disability, EI, or without any type of financial assistance);
- Eligible to work in Manitoba;
- At least 16 years of age;
- Able to attend, participate and interact independently for the entire length of the program;
- Actively looking for employment;
- Committed to the program/course (length, expectations, and conditions);
- English language proficient. Applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate an understanding of English sufficient to follow oral and written instructions, meet the demands of classroom instruction and written assignments, and perform the duties of the job for which they’re seeking training.
Note: If you are employed or retired at this moment, we will contact you in case of availability in the program(s)/course(s) you would like to take.