We are a community of giving and receiving to ensure that no Manitoban goes hungry. Harvest is currently feeding more than 90,000 Manitobans, 49% of whom are children. This is the highest child poverty rate of any province in the country. You can help us keep operations open and food flowing to Manitoba’s most vulnerable in more than 360 agencies and food banks across the province.
Here’s a few things you can do:
- Put a Tin in the Grocery Bin every time you shop. You can download these Harvest Top 10 Food Stickers and put them right on your cans, so when you run out – you can buy one for you and one for Harvest. You can also join our Sunday Supper Club and receive our weekly Harvest Hamper Healthy recipes made from our top 10 most needed ingredients.
- Sign up to volunteer. For every two hours you spend volunteering in our warehouse, you can pack 10 Harvest Hampers. Friends, community groups and corporate teams welcome!
- Organize a food and funds drive at work or in your community.
- Broaden your perspective. Follow us on social media @HarvestManitoba and sign up for email updates to find out more about real-world impact of food insecurity in Manitoba.
- Make a monthly donation. Even $20/month makes a huge impact.
- $20 provides Meals2Go weekend food kits for school children with little or no access to food on weekend.
- $75 will provide a senior with one meal a day.
- $150 will provide a Harvest Hamper to a family of four.