Source: Manitoba Egg Farmers
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter
- 8 oz. (224 g) semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) all -purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- ¾ cup (175 mL) peanut butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) milk
- Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan over low heat or in microwave on high in 20 second intervals. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, using mixer, beat peanut butter, icing sugar, vanilla and milk together on medium speed to form a thick crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180° C). Line a 9-inch (23 cm) square pan with parchment paper. Whisk both sugars into the melted and cooled chocolate mixture. Add eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Whisk in vanilla.
- Fold in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Spread on half of brownie mixture into pan. Take large chunks of the peanut butter filling and flatten with your hands. Lay flattened pieces in a layer on top of the brownie mixture in the pan.
- Spread remaining batter mixture over top. Bake brownies for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.